Phone 207-625-4663 Fax 207-625-7635

25 Allard Circle, hiram, me 04041

Office Hours Mon - Thurs 9am to 3pm,  Thurs Eve 5:30pm to 7pm

 Fri 9am to noon & new for 2019 Open the 2nd Sat 8am to11am

Permit Information - CEO

Bruce Smith 207-232-0183

The Town of Hiram is a MUBC Town and has adopted the building code part of MUBEC. An energy certificate is required from your contractor or insulation contractor at the final inspection. (Form available  below) 

To get your electricity connected have your electrician file the 1360 form with my office, do not send it to CMP, I will conduct the electrical inspection when needed. You will also need a State of Maine Electrical permit for any rental units and all commercial work and The State of Maine Electrical Inspector will handle those inspections. 

Our  Code Enforcement Officer, Building and Plumbing Inspector is Bruce Smith 232-0183. Bruce is  currently  in the office on Wednesdays from 8  am to noon.  Please call Bruce directly at 232-0183 or email him at 

Building Permit Applications are now available online (see box to the right) you can still either pick them up or have it mailed to you.

All electrical/ plumbing work must be done by a licensed electrician / plumber, except as provided within these codes.

The Town of Hiram has adopted the following portions of MUBEC

 The Maine Uniform Building Code (“MUBC”) consists of the following

components of MUBEC:

2015 International Residential Code (IRC)
2015 International Building Code (IBC)
2015 International Existing Building Code (IEBC)

The following provisions of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Condition Engineers (ASHRAE) Standards:
62.1 - 2007 (Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality)
62.2 - 2007 (Ventilation and Acceptable Indoor Air Quality in Low-Rise Residential Buildings)
E-1465-2006, Standard Practice for Radon Control Options for the Design and Construction of New Low-Rise Residential Buildings.